Tuesday, June 21, 2011

_______________ Part 2

written Monday night

In last week's post I basically talked about how much was happening in my life about my life but I had nothing to do with it. I was just having to sit back and watch. Well the very next morning was just one more reminder of how all of that was going down.

The two guys who were going to be moving in and replacing my roommate, backed out. Thus meaning my roommate could not move out. So now, everything is kind of like it was. I think we are still looking for a replacement for him so that he can move out. So, we'll just see what tomorrow brings.

In other exciting news, I did get the spot on the reality show!! So exciting! Today was spent meeting the other cast members and learning our responsibilities for the show. I cannot give out too many details as of yet, via the internet, because the show has not been picked up yet. So there is still a crazy chance that someone else could take the idea for the show and beat us to the chase.

In addition to getting to know one another today, we had to rehearse for three major important meetings that will take place on Tuesday. We have three production companies that are interested in producing our show. That means there are three companies that are interested in actually filming and making the show, and trying to sell it to television networks. These meetings are really exciting because we are meeting with the executives of these companies. Our show has already passed through all of the smaller offices and people and now we are dealing directly with the top of the chain. So nerve wracking! Basically at this point they are all sold on the show concept and now just need to be sold on the cast. SO, the day will be spent doing nothing more than public speaking, schmoozing and essentially parading myself around. In fact as you read this I may be introducing myself to the guys who came up with "The Biggest Loser" or "The Real Housewives of Orange County." It will be a long long day!

So here is the run down of what needs to happen for this show to be on the air. We need one of these production companies to say they want to produce the show. Technically we want more than one of them to want the show, then they will fight over it and we will get the best deal out of it. Then from that point, that production company has to get a network to buy the show and decide that they want to air it on their network. It only seems like two little steps that need to be taken. This is true. However, in actuality there are hundreds of other shows who are also needing these same two steps to be taken. If any situation defines, "So close, yet so far," it is this one.

It is truly a fun a situation to be in. I know that it is a crazy blessing for me to already be in a situation like this after only being in Los Angeles since December and pursuing acting since February. And even though it is a reality show, rest assured my acting skills will be put to test tomorrow.

summary: I need some prayer!

4 comments:

The Albritton's said...

YAY! So excited! Praying!

Becka said...

We will be praying for everything to come together in "His" time and pray everyone will watch the show when it shows....

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting!