Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reflections on 100 Days!



One of my new friends out here suggested that each month I write down a list of my accomplishments. Times can be very emotionally difficult out here, and having a positive list can help you stay mentally strong. Do not worry, I am not going to turn this into a pat-myself-on-the-back post.

Over the past 100 days a lot has happened for me! I can definitely tell that I am where I am supposed to be at this point in my life. Of course there has been several instances and days, like today, where you feel super down on yourself and you are ready to pack it all up. However, I am going to start back at day one and try to point out positive, affirming things that have happened.

By back at day one I mean bag check at the airport. My bag was over weight, instead of the charging me an extra $25 the attendant let it slide. On the plane the woman beside me bought my dinner. Within a week of being in LA I had a potential roommate and job. (The roommate worked out, the job did not.) I went out to LA with no means of transportation because I planed on using the metro system. My third week out there a family went out of their way to let me use one of their cars for the next four weeks. On my official move to LA in February, it was a complete work of God we made it through Texas. Most of East Texas was iced over and probably had one of the worst winter storms they have seen. We bought our refrigerator from a guy at In-n-Out. He asked where my parents and I were from, so naturally, that lead to him selling us his fridge. My first day working as an extra I met a guy from Tuscaloosa who grew up with my brother-in-law! After joining LA Casting within a week I had an agent contact ME, instead of having to send out my information to a several agents hoping to hear back from one.

All in all I am pleased with how things are going. Some instances are still open without conclusion yet, like the agent or a job. But you have to take one day at a time, right? They say it takes five years for someone to become an overnight success and ten years for everyone else. So, we will see. I am just trying to serve God and pay them bills!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this post!! Yay it's so happy!!! haha aaaaaaand I like the pictures too! Very cool!

Alexis said...

Proud of you!