Sunday, January 9, 2011

Los Angeles the Roller Coaster

So on December 1, 2010 I made the move to Los Angeles! It has been a ride for sure; filled with highs, lows and maintenance checks. Things started out quick. Day one was awesome and went well, until I walked passed someone wearing an Auburn sweatshirt. Literally the day fell apart after that. I did not bring my car out here with me for several reasons. One, I did not want to bring it out here and not find a job and apartment then have to take it and my stuff back to Tuscaloosa. Second, people all over the world cannot afford cars so I wanted to experience how that felt. Annnnd I did. It sucked. The LA Metro is not user friendly and several times I found myself almost in tears over frustration. But it got better, I started to get the hang of it and figured out the system. Thats all I can say about that because it would take a whole different blog to fully discuss my experience on the Metro, including have a drunk man urinate behind me at a bus stop. Thankfully there is a family out here from Tuscaloosa and they are allowing me to use one of their cars for the while, HUGE blessing!
To keep this post short I'll just give quick little blurbs of what I have experienced thus far.
New friendships, producer's party, met several celebrities, lost lots of money trying to work the Metro, got a job, saw tones of celebrities, found a roommate, went to some crazy churches, job turned out to be a bust, found a great church, found a cool record store, spent Christmas away from my family but spent it with a friend, house sat, lost my room, now sleeping on a couch, got an interview for a new job, found an apartment, finished a book, got stood up for the interview, paid the security deposit for the apartment, rescheduled my interview, updated a blog. Whew, and that was my first month in Los Angeles.
I have been doing a picture a day update on Facebook, below is a link for that if you want to check those out. Hopefully I will be able to find things to write about and do a better job of updating. The next few weeks are going to be very important and I am super nervous about them! There should be some good updates to come!

No comments: